Love the sea or a bucket list item, but is intimidated to commit due to not knowing how scuba diving is like? Try Scuba course is the one for you then! With SSI Try Scuba course, it gives you a short introductory and glimpse into the scuba diving world. Conducted in a pool or confined water setting, the course will offer you an unforgettable underwater experience.
Why learn the Try Scuba Course?
SSI Try Scuba is an entry level course, designed to cater to a wide range of people with different age and background. A highly popular course, conducted in a pool or confined water setting, it gives you a kick start to learn the basics of diving, without committing to the full scuba diving course. After completion of the course, if you love the experience, you are now ready to pursue your SSI Open Water Diver licence!
- Caters to a wide range of age from juniors to adults, a suitable course as a family bonding activity
- Learn the fundamental basics of scuba diving in a pool or confined water setting, providing a safe and conducive environment
- Focus on diver’s overall experience rather than skills, preparation for future scuba diving course commitment
- A short 3-4 hours training session which reduces time commitment
Register a SSI account now to get free access to our Try Scuba digital manual! Start reading and find out more on the knowledge that are covered in this course.
Try Scuba and Basic Diver are both entry level courses designed to provide non divers a scuba diving try out experience. They share mostly the same syllabus. One main difference between two courses is the training environment. Try Scuba is conducted in a pool or confined water setting with a maximum depth of 5 metres whereas Basic Diver is conducted in an open water setting, with a maximum depth of 12 metres.
During the Try Scuba course, you will learn:
- The relationship and connection between your body and the aquatic environment
- Scuba diving equipment familiarisation and assembly
- Equalisation techniques
- Basic scuba diving skills
- Buoyancy practice
- Underwater tour
Try Scuba licence is not an official scuba diving licence. It is a scuba try out that prepares you for the commitment of the SSI Open Water Diver course. SSI Open Water Diver licence is an official scuba diving licence that lasts a lifetime, providing endless opportunities to explore the underwater world.
- Minimum age of 8 years old
- No certification prerequisites
- Has basic water comfort
- Complete all section reviews in the Try Scuba digital manual
- 1 pool or confined water training session (max. depth of 5 metres)
- 3 to 4 hours training session
Have you enjoyed your first scuba diving experience? Isn’t it fun and exciting being underwater? How about going just a little further and earn your first official scuba diving licence, a lifetime ticket to the beautiful underwater world!
SSI Referral Diver licence is part of the SSI Open Water Diver licence. The course consists of the academic and pool training components of the Open Water Diver course. This course is suitable for students who like to complete the academic and pool training in their home country and the open water training at their desired scuba diving destination.
SSI Open Water Diver licence is the most sought after scuba diving licence as it allows you to dive up till 18 metres with a buddy anywhere in the world after the successful completion of the course. The course consists of academic, pool and open water training.